Sunday, October 11, 2009

Conflict styles

In our life, there are few conflict styles. Conflict stlyes means how is the conflicts work and how is the outcome. The few conflict styles are competing, avoiding, accommodation, collaborating and compromising.

Well I would like to say that when I communicate with different people, I will have to use different type of conflict styles when I deal conflicts with them.

Competing - a conflict styles where one side is win and another side is lose.( not recommend to use because it can cause damages to other people)
Eg: When I deal with a person who is really annuoying and keep want to argue with me, I will just say out those angry words.

Avoiding- a conflict style where both parties also lose.
Eg: I were once have a deep conflict with one of my friend when i was in primary school. As the results, both of us are not contacting each other and this has spoiled our friendships.

Accommodating- a conflict style where I lose you win situation.
Eg: When I had conflict with my family which I had to go some places but they don't allow. I had no choice and not to go out that day.

Collaborating- A conflict style where everyone wins.
Eg: When my two little brother were fighting each other because of the last piece of birthday cake, I had to stop them. With the equal sharing, I cut the cake into half and gave it to both of them.

Compromising- A conflict where they share wins and loses.
Eg: When I argue with my girl friend due to dissatifaction of certain factors, I compromising with her. Certain things I will agreed and respects, in return she also limits certain things and respects my feeling.


By Hong Chun

2 comments: