Sunday, October 11, 2009

Conflict

In our life, as long we interact with other people, conflict will definitely exist. A conflict exists when someone is not satisfies and misunderstanding or when someone made wrong assumption about others. Conflict is not easy to dissolve. It requires understanding between both parties. Without agreement between both parties, conflict will never dissolved.

Well of cause, conlict has its own advantages and disadvantages. The advantages of the conflict are to satates both needs and wants, stabilizes relationships and get a deeper understanding of both sides. In contrast, the disadvantages of conflict will bring depletion of energy, increase negative feeling towards opponent, worst case if the conflict can't be solved, this will lead to further conflict and damges one's images.

In lifes, we meet a lot of conflicts with the people whom we communicate. For instance, I wanted to join psychology programme for my further studies, but initially, my dad was not so agree with what am i studying. Things ended up , we always argue each other whenever I mentioned about psychology programme. The conflict become deeper and was really hard to solve that time. He thought that by taking up psychology programme will hardly to get job when graduate. So i talked to him and asked him to meet counselor with me.

As through the process of meeting counselor, he provided us a lot information about psychology programme and answered my dad's question which was career in future. When he finally understand the availability of jobs in psychology in future is huge and wide, this clear his assumption towards psychology in career field as many people had been told that psychology field of job is not wide in this country. After that day, my dad agreed and supported me to study psychology at HELP.

This is how I solved my conflict by bringing him to see the counselor , so that the counselor can helped my dad to change his perspective ways of thinking towards job field in psychology.

by Hong Chun

No comments:

Post a Comment