Sunday, September 27, 2009

Actions are louder than words...

Today is my birthday...In my family, it is very normal that there are no cake cutting, birthday song singing, present giving, and all the usual stuff people do on birthdays. It started being like this when each of us (me and my 3 siblings) turns 7. We just sort of outgrown the birthday thing..

Wait, don't get me wrong. This don't mean that birthdays are not celebrated at all in my family! We just do it a different way. For example, since its my birthday today, my dad will automatically bring us somewhere nice for dinner ;p I will get to make the choice of what to order off the menu XD For lunch, mum made soup vermicelli with 2 boiled eggs - dyed red - for me! (Red eggs are the symbol of change in life; their round shape also symbolizes a harmonious and happy life. Vermicelli symbolizes longevity)

Also, my siblings will take over my share of the household chores even though it is my turn to do it. As for presents, I get to ask 1 thing or favor from each of my family members. Sometimes, they have presents for me all the same =) but usually only mum and dad gave me stuffs...Mind you, I do not need to say a single word to remind them or tell them they are suppose to do my work ;p Its just automatic ..hehe..

My parents are the best I tell you! They completely turn off their nagging mode!!! Not one single word against me! WHAO!! its really a peace of mind, considering the amount of nagging I have to bear with in a day..hehe...shhh...Dad who never say `HAPPY BIRTHDAY' to me in person as far as i can remember will give me pats and sometimes a hug on my birthday! My brothers will not fight for the TV remote like they usually do too ;p

hmmm...the list just goes on and on...They don't say it out loud to me or do much things that clearly states that they are celebrating my birthday; but I feel it all the same!!! This year, mum and dad is working and I have to help too. So, they took me shopping a few days earlier. It came as a suprise to me as dad really don't approve of me shopping. He thinks I have too much clothes already; but he spent nearly RM300 without a mere grumble on clothes for me!! Its his way of saying sorry to me...

Thus, I am not that sad although I have to work instead and no celebrations at all. It is very boring and irritating but maybe they postpone the celebration to a later date and there are more presents to come ;p so, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed...XD

No comments:

Post a Comment