Saturday, September 12, 2009

Public Speaking

I guess everyone knows what is public speaking is? Public speaking is a type of communication that speaking infront of crowds or people. Public speaking requires a good language so that your listener will understand what are u saying, in order to present your idea, event and etc.Well, most of us do scare public speaking. Why? Some of the factors are self confident , fear of speaking error and etc...

As for today, the reason why I choose this "public speaking" as my topic of today is because I did fear of public speaking. Yes I did, but that was my past. Back then when I was in the first year and second year of secondary school, I remembered that I couldn't even speak a good english. In the same time, I did not have confidence to speak english with my friends. I tried very hard to listen and speak with my friends communicate in english , my teacher tought in english and wrote in english day by day. My friends also critized me as my english was poor, but deep in my conscious, I told myself that I will work hard to improve my english and the way i speak now.

In the year 3 of middle high school, I had oral test which require to present my topic in front of the class. I was lucky because I had a good english teacher who taught english very well and strictly. I worked hard to prepare myself in oral test. Few weeks before the oral test, I kept observed how a teacher presented their lesson based of their tone,body language and body gesture. Even in tutition class, I had observed the tuition teachers as well. On that day of my oral test, like usual what people will feel about public speaking -nervous and fear. I tried to overcome myself and kept told myself that I can do it and be confident. Suddenly my english teacher asked , who wanted to volunteer to present? I pull myself , give myself courage and confident, so I took the volunteer as a opportunity to overcome my fear and beated that challege.

Since that moment, of couse I still have fear when face in public speaking, but it was the fear of how to present it in the best way and to be a very good presenter. I had gone through a lot of public speaking as well as in my events. As a result, I getting more confidence to speak out in the meeting, in the class and in my team with no fear.

Hereby, I would like to give some advices. We need to give ourselve courage and confidence. As courage and confidence comes in, this is the time where we need to take up any opportunity that offer us in public speaking. By this way, it will overcome our fear and improve ourselves to talk infront of people!


Written by,
Tan Hong Chun, Chrno

No comments:

Post a Comment