Sunday, September 20, 2009

What lies beneath


If I told you that I wanted you to join me along for a movie called "Inglorious Basterds"(mind you, it sounds alot like the other word) and you knew nothing about the movie what would you think? You would maybe think Im being rude or that it's a stupid movie. When I first heard of the movie, in my mind I immediately dumped it along side all the "Van Wilder" and "American Pie" movies. But to my pleasant surprise the movie wasn't lame or funny or any of that Van wilder humor.The movie is set During World War II and centeres around a group of Jewish-American soldiers known as "The Basterds" who are chosen specifically to spread fear throughout the Third Reich by scalping and brutally killing Nazis.

Another movie that never reached our shores was the movie "Babe".Being as un-sentimental as I am that is one of the two movies that I have ever cried about in my life. Now, because the movie was about the hardships of a little pig it was banned in Malaysia. Although the movie had a very important lesson to teach us all young and old, rich an poor that was beside the point.

Therefore what I guess I'm trying to say is that we live in a society where first impression take presidence over what really lies beneath the surface. It doesn't only apply to the way we judge a person physically or by the profession or what they have and don't have.The examples of movies i just gave you above goes to show that our first impression govern the way we look at life from every aspect of life;movies,music,social cuases and so on.Hence we should strive to change this mentality because we don't know what we have or could lose or overlook if we only take our impressions into account.


Written by,

Debra Sharmaine Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment