Saturday, September 19, 2009

Self- esteem

Self -Esteem is basically what we feel about ourselves. In our life, our self-esteem got battered everyday due to the changes of the situation. Self-esteem can be divided to negative self-esteem and positive self-esteem. Most of us, However, are combination of both negative and positive self-esteem. It is because a person can be good in one field ( this increase positive self-esteem) , but in the same time he/she not good in another field( this increase negative self-esteem). A very good example is I'm good in memorizing, but I'm not good in mathematics. When any subjects come to memorizing and understanding, I will have much confident to study in that particular subjects. In contrast, when the subjects comes to mathematics, I will not have much interest and confident to study in that particular subjects.

Further than this, my self-esteem was battered everyday and every moment. Today, i went to play badminton with my friends in my ex-school's hall. Well, badminton is what i played since I was primary. I always wanted to be a good player. I was late for the game, and have not warm up yet.After a few balls of warming up, then we started to play badminton game on 2-2 match. My friend was much better than me. During the match, I wanted to counter the shuttle cork over, but ended up my partner took all the shoots and most of the game point was earned by him.

During the match, he also kept told me what to do and what I shouldn't do. By that time, I felt that my self-confidence was lowed. I kept questioned myself that why I'm not good in this game even tough I had played this game for so long? Why no matter how hard I tried , I still cant be good as them. Suddenly, my self-awareness thought came by. Now I realize that I was not good at anything at all. Yes, I'm not good at anything at all. All things I know was the surface but not master it's bottom. My self-esteem really dropped and I'm thinking negative thoughts.

I felt like I'm not consistent at all. when I once good at something, the another day I cant do it anymore no matter how hard I had tried.what should I do to increase my self esteem?

yeah! Think positive that I can do it! .. for those who have self-esteem low out there, please think positively, as if you think negative, the negative thoughts will hunt you down and continue to think and act in negative way.

WRITTEN BY HONG CHUN

No comments:

Post a Comment