Saturday, September 26, 2009

Gopeng Camp

I went to Leadership camp in last 2 weeks which held in Gopeng. It was fun and interesting though. I learned something different which actually had changed my view is from our camp leader Miss Cindy and a guy called Chong Jun Hoong.

Here I am going to talk about the techniques of Miss Cindy got feedback from us. She never asked us to put up our hand to comment about the games, feelings and sensations. For example, she placed some ropes on the floor and want us to stand on the side which is fit our opinion. Besides that, she also wants us to use a long rope to plot a curve graph which represents our feelings towards the 3days 2nights camp. These are the ways which I think is very efficient communication skills. Although she uses indirect ways to asked us feedback but I think we give her great response. Usually students do not give respond to the lecturer (maybe they scared make mistakes or do not show their opinion), but Miss Cindy let us use some equipment and tools to represents our voices and feelings which is another communication skill.

Jun Hoong actually inspired me alot when we play on the high rope course. It is a challenging game which challenge our height phobia and examine our physical strength. Actually he is an overweight guy (be frankly speaking sorry), he felt from the wooden stepping board, but he is still safe because there are some safety features hanging him. He takes a long time about 20minutes hanging there, because he can't get himself up to the board. When I look at him, I feel like crying. There only left Miss Cindy , Jun Hoong and me, Miss Cindy and I tried to help him, he has strong determination which touch us a lot. I gave him applause and at the end of the camp, when he said out his feelings, he almost cry. He finally conquer his physical limit and achieve his goal! I am proud of him!

Your fallen angel,
Lok Yee Wei

No comments:

Post a Comment