Friday, September 18, 2009

Perception of the world

In this world, different people will view a person differently. some people might view a person good in the same time, other people might view the same person bad. This is because of perception of people to a person is different.

What is perception? There are no definite and accurate definition about perception. Perception can be good or bad. Perception is about impression, expectation, self bias, pre-judgment, stereotyping and etc. Basically, perception is how a person view or judge and make conclusion about who you are.

Today , I would like to share with everyone about my experience on perception on people. During the period when I was organizing an event, I had a committee that I would like to talk about. He was an inactive member in that organization.The first moment I saw him, he gave me the perception that he is a potential member to group in my committee. Therefore, I gave him a chance to join as a part of our committee.

After that event, things had changed. His influence and attitude had changed as well. He always communicated and hanged out with higher post members in that organization. In the end of year, after the election of a new post in that organization, he had elected as the same post as i held.

From this scenario, my perception and the members in that organization's perception toward him had changed. From my perception, he was a potential people to train but. From members perception, he was a good leader. From the higher post members, he was a potential leader.

So based on this scenario, isn't it that our perception to other people change very fast? Perception are made based on attitude, personality, self bias, environment and etc. thank you

written by chrno, Tan Hong Chun

No comments:

Post a Comment